#buyethical, #SocEnt, Change, eco fashion, eco-friendly, Environment, Environmental awareness, environmental concerns, environmental impact, Environmental initiatives, environmentalism, ethical consumerism, ethical fashion, ethically-made, fair trade, New Year Resolutions, Social conscious, Social consumerism, Social Enterprise, social impact, socially-made, sustainabily made, sustainable, sustainable living
And we’re back! Apologies for the lack of blog posts over the last few weeks – we were recharging, spending time with loved ones and friends and preparing for an exciting new year. 2016 has been a year of change (both good and bad). We have seen some dark times globally, as well as some bright spots. The ethical fashion movement has continue to grow as awareness has continue to expand. Sadly, so has the detrimental impact that human actions have had on the planet and on our societies.
More than ever, 2017 is a year for us to continue our push forward to empower those that feel helpless in the face of calamity, to find opportunities to do little things that will have a big positive impact on the world and appreciate the beauty in the diversity of cultures, arts and ideas that come from all corners of our planet.
1. Learn about how the products you purchase are sourced
2. Consider buying sustainable fashion products that are made with eco-friendly materials, made under fair-trade conditions, or both
3. Stay fashionable: Look out for some interesting reports on 2017 fashion trends
4. Wear eco-friendly fabrics and ethically made accessories
5. Follow us on Twitter (@enablechange) and subscribe to our blog to get regular update on ethical fashion and gifts
6. Share the sustainable fashion movement with your friends buying ethically made and eco-friendly gifts for them and shopping for ethically made fashion
Wishing you and your loved ones the best of luck in achieving your goals this year. Here’s to a year of joy, success, peace, social consciousness and sustainability!