Some interesting statistics from a recent Canadian study that evaluate the preferences and perceptions of corporate charity in Canada:
- 91% said companies should try to accomplish their business goals while still trying to improve society and the environment. The majority (53%) said they would strongly agree to this.
- Canadians show an appetite for good: Seniors aged 60 and older were most likely to agree with this statement.
- Six in ten seniors said they strongly agreed that companies should still try to improve society and the environment.
- Comparably, less than half of baby boomers (48%) strongly agreed with this statement.
- Females were slightly more likely to support company donations to charities and nonprofits than males.
- Gen X is more likely to support company donations than the average Canadian.
- An overwhelming majority also agree that companies should support charities and nonprofits with financial donations.
- Over eight in ten people (84%) said they agree that companies should support charities and nonprofits. Only 36% said they would strongly agree to this.
We will be sharing some more interesting statistics in our next few blog posts – stay tuned!