A reminder to register for our upcoming event “Ethical & Fair Trade Products in the Marketplace – A discussion & networking evening” happening on June 16th, 2011 in Toronto.
Where: Network Orange (ING Direct Cafe), 221 Yonge Street, Toronto ON
When: Thursday, June 16, 2011 from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
What: The first event of its kind, the goal of this meeting of minds is to encourage and promote conversations focused on the state of sustainable and ethical products in our marketplace today. Even though ethically-made products (and fair-trade products) have a long history in Canada, socially-conscious consumerism has lacked significant momentum in gaining mass market presence. The event will feature a panel who will discuss a variety of questions, such as:
- Where does this niche sector stand today and what must be done in order to achieve scale and mass market appeal?
- Can consumerism can be used a tool to promote social change?
- Does the sector need to look at how traditional retail operates?
- Do fashion and industry trends need to play a greater part in ethical sourcing of products?
- What will it take to attract a larger group of consumers to go ethical?
It is going to be a really dynamic event so make sure you register before tickets run out!