This Mother’s Day – honour your mother, while helping mothers around the world support their families and communities. To celebrate International Mother’s Day, we will be offering 25% off the sale of every product in our collection till Mother’s Day.
Celebrate the joy, support and friendship that your mother brings to your life by purchasing an ethically-made product, that helps improve the lives of artisans around the world. Many of these artisans are women from some of the most deprived and disadvantaged communities, with very little opportunities for self-development and growth and in most cases, their work and their identity both remain uncounted or undercounted and unseen. Their talent and determination is very present in the crafts and handiwork they product. Each design shares their story, and their hope for a better life and an improved community.
Here are some facts about mothers around the world:
• Women perform 66% of the world’s work, but receive only 11% of the world’s income, and own only 1% of the world’s land.
• Women head 83% of single-parent families. The number of families nurtured by women alone doubled from 1970 to 1995 (from 5.6 million to 12.2 million).
• Both Argentina and India celebrate Mother’s Day in October. In Argentina, it is the second Sunday of the month, while in India a 10-day festival is held in honour of mothers in early October.
According to research done by the American National Retail Federation in 2008, Americans spent the following on Mother’s Day:
1. Special Brunch or Dinner Outing – $3 billion
2. Flowers – $2 billion
3. Gift Cards – $1.6 billion
4. Clothing – $1.4 billion
5. Consumer Electronics – $1.2 billion
6. Personal Services (trips and spas) – $1.1 billion
7. Housewares and Gardening – $696 million
8. Greeting Cards – $672 million
That’s a total amount of $7.5 billion – imagine if even 10% of this reached mothers around the world to help them sustain their households and have a positive impact on their communities!
View our collection and save 25% on your entire purchase till Mother’s Day!